To travel and visit Lisbon in the best possible way, you can take advantage of the “Lisboa card” .
“Lisboa card” offers you three plans lasting 24h, 48h, or 72h with access to some attractions and unlimited public transport, for some others attractions it offers you a discount on the entrance ticket, you can also take advantage of the discounts that this card offers you in various points of interest such as restaurants and shops.
- Information About Lisboa Card
- Main Sintra Bus Routes
- Main Destinations to Visit in Sintra
- Reading Tips
Information About Lisboa Card
Here is some information to evaluate whether or not it is convenient for you to buy the “Lisboa card”:
- Once purchased, the card is activated when you use it, whether on public transport or at the entrance to the attraction
- Write down all the names of the attractions you want to see so as to understand how many days you need to visit them all to be able to choose the right duration of your card as once activated you cannot go back
- It will not be necessary to book attraction tickets, once you have purchased the card and made sure that the attraction is included, just go to the attraction and present your card
- The card does not make you skip the line, it is always better to show up at the attraction an hour before the opening
- When you buy the card you will be given a brochure with all the information
- The card covers travel: between Cais do Sodré and Cascais, between Oriente, Rossio, and Sintra (on CP company trains), between Lisbon (Rome-Areeiro, Entrecampos, Sete-Rios, Campolide) and Setúbal, with intermediate stops including Pragal in the Almada area (on Fertagus trains that cross the 25 Abril Bridge)
- The card does not cover travel to the city of Porto
For the visit to the city of Sintra, here are some practical tips to better organize your visit.
Within the city you can travel by bus:
The main bus lines that circulate in Sintra are three and the cost of the ticket varies from € 4 to € 7:
Main Sintra Bus Routes:
- 434 (Circuit da Pena): the route is circular and touches Sintra station – Sintra city (Palacio Nacional) – Castelo dos Mouros – Palacio da Pena – Sintra city (Palacio Nacional) – Sintra station.
- 435: Sintra Station – Sintra city (Palacio Nacional) – Quinta da Regaleira – Palácio de Seteais – Palacio de Monserrate
- 403: Sintra – Cascais, stopping at Cabo da Roca.
Main Destinations to Visit in Sintra
These are the main destinations in Sintra including the price that may have changed
- Palácio da Pena
- Quinta da Regaleira
- Castelo dos Mouros
- Palacio Nacional de Sintra
- Palacio de Monserrate
- Convent dos Capuchos
Now that you have all the information, make yourself comfortable and organize your trip to Sintra in the best possible way so that you can enjoy this beautiful city to the fullest remember to wear comfortable shoes! Have a good trip!
This was a guide about Lisbon Travel Tips. Check out our blog page for more articles about Lisbon and other cities. Don’t miss them out!
written by Anita Gajic